Sunday, August 19, 2007

This weekend we were finally able to catch up after a very long summer. Things have been crazy like most people but we have been trying very hard to weed out the unnecessary craziness and focus our time on what is life giving instead of life sucking. So the last few weekends we have been doing things that we want to do instead of things that we “have” to do. Jason has been helping our (who we like to call Dad) Dad with his kitchen project and getting some male bonding in at the same time. I have had a few quiet Saturdays to spend catching up on everything in the house. Through my crazy weeding I found time to have one of my dear friends daughter over night. Tanya has always been one person that I could count on. She is the one who talked me into writing this blog and she has the craziest life but she still finds time to love me and it amazes me. She is beautiful in so many ways. I found time to take her daughter Gloria for the night. We also had time to sit and talk for about 30 min when she came to pick Gloria up. Also I was able to go out to lunch with her last week that has not happened for months. To feels good to get a chance to catch out with good friends.


Me working on my blog!

So this weekend Jason and I took the kids to the discovery center, came home and watched a movie, then finished the night with a family bike ride. We actually went to church Sunday morning; I was surprised that people even remember us. It has been since early July that we have had a chance to get there. Then we went out to pizza with Shawn the pastor and Katrina his wife. Now you are probably thinking oh way to get points in heaven sucking up to the pastor and that is why I hate introducing them so formal. They really are just people just like us and they are great friends we enjoy spending time with them and there family. We came home took naps and headed up to my Mom’s ranch to heard turkey’s. That sounds funny but in reality it really is much funnier. We have to move our thanksgiving turkeys from the brooder house to the bigger roost. They are so stupid if one gets scared they all turn and run back. The key is to keep 200 turkeys facing the same way and slowly move down the lane. You lose a few on the way but those can be picked up and carried. The Kids love my Mom’s ranch and they learn so many good honest work habits when helping. Quinton likes to stay the night with Grandma and is really at the age that he can help out so he decided to stay for the night.

He also decided that he did not like his sister hair so he gave her a hair cut free of charge. So now Lauren has one long pony and a short one. CUTE!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am 31 & have been everything that a woman can be. I always try to put others first & keep my heart strong. I belive in a higher power & I belive that after we open our minds to that we begin to live.