Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Spring





Today was a very busy day, all the kids and myself did THE BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING. It was exhausting! Luckily we found some really great sales and were able to get everything with in budget. I do love these days for the reason that it tuckers out the children and I can have a moment to myself.
This brings me back to the reason why I named this blog My Season.......
SPRING - Spring is the time for us to work. We study for the perfect place for our garden to grow. It has to have just the right amount of light and water. We choose what we are going to plant in our garden. We calculate how far we are going to space the plants. Then we spend a lot of time planting our detailed garden.
Now for you gardeners out there you know that planting a garden is not easy work. You have to get your hands dirty, your knees start to hurt and after awhile even your back can feel the labor you put in. Many weeds have to be pulled and everything you need to know about soil conditions. There are a ton of books on how to have the greenest thumb. But there is no one to do the work but you and that is what makes it your garden.
My season is spring. I have chosen my husband, how many children, how far they are spaced and where I will raise them. I have done lots of the weed pulling and have made nice secure planting beds for them to grow. I make sure that they get plenty of food, exercise, sun and Christ everyday. I also have read plenty of we know what you are doing wrong and here is how to fix it books. I realize how very tired I am and how exhausting it is to have your own garden.
It is refreshing to know that I am not the true gardener. Even thou I work very hard at keeping my garden alive the Lord is the true gardener. He has given me beautiful plants to look after but only with his help can I grow a fruitful garden.
John 15; 1
“I am the true vine and my father is the gardener.
He cuts off every branch in me that dose not bare fruit, while every branch that dose bare fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful”.
This gives my sprit rest and reminds me again that the Lord is here for me to come to. He will prune me and shape me when I rest in him. As I pray over my resting garden tonight I ask the Lord to let the light of the day shine on my garden so that these little plants will grow into fruitful trees.

Psalms 1; 2-3
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like the tree planted by the streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf dose not wither.
What ever he does prospers

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am 31 & have been everything that a woman can be. I always try to put others first & keep my heart strong. I belive in a higher power & I belive that after we open our minds to that we begin to live.