Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Lynn

Today is Jason's Mom's birthday, she would have been 55. She died last May of Ovarian Cancer after a battle of two years. She loved to be outside and to see new things. She was a big part of our lives. It is weired not having her around and it is always the first mile stones that are the hardest. Jason has been really strong through all the stages of grief but sometimes it hits you like a brick wall. 
There have been times when you think that you see her walking down the street, or when you suddenly get the urge to call and tell her something. Loosing someone so close to you and such a big part of your life is a numb silence that dose not go away but rather becomes a part of you. 
She also loved her one and only child Jason. She always took a lot of pride in having such a perfect child (barf). He sure is a handsome guy, this is Lynn and Jason when he graduated from the Marine Corp boot camp. She was there for all his achievements and supported him in everything he did. A mothers love is something that can never be replicated nor replaced. 
She also loved animals, this was her beloved dog Sadie. Sadie was by her side till she went to Jesus. Sadie even lived in the assisted living apartment for a few weeks. Her gentleness and understanding drew animals and children to her. She was always willing to take the time to listen. Sadie was a stray dog, until she found Lynn. Lynn opened her heart and her home to Sadie. 
She was able to open her heart to many people that we would have just turned a cheek. But she always saw the good that others had and tried to stay focused on what was and not what wasn't. She took me in when I was a young mother and it was just Alysha and I. I knew nothing of Jason and was not introduced to him till years after Lynn and I met. She came into my life when a needed a friend and with no judgement or expectations was there for me. She was my friend when I had nothing to give, and was a grandma to Alysha before blood. These are the souls we pray for, but do not see till they are only memories of the impressions they left. 
Her openness is what kept her young. She enjoyed the moment and lived for the day. She loved her grand children and they loved her. They spent hours playing and reading together. She was the Grandma that would get on the floor and play with them. They miss her and talk about her all the time. Kids deal with grief too in there own little special way. 
She was also able to go on a cruise four weeks before she passed. This is a photo of her playing with the dolphins. Always a kid at heart even when she was so sick she could barley walk she did. She walked as long as her legs would carry her and she lived the life that Jesus gave her. I learned so much from her, thank you for always being there for me and being my friend when I needed one. 

Happy Birthday Lynn - Thank You For What You Were - You Are Missed!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am 31 & have been everything that a woman can be. I always try to put others first & keep my heart strong. I belive in a higher power & I belive that after we open our minds to that we begin to live.